Transfer car ownership nz online dating

How do I check who owns a car and what its history is?Access to who owns a car is limited, but it is easy to find out information about the vehicle itself as well as whether there is any money owed on it - and we recommend that you do check if you are thinking of buying a car privately.There are many services available which check the car’s history thoroughly before you buy it.

transfer car ownership nz online dating-9transfer car ownership nz online dating-15

The cost of the report varies from service to service.

To find a service to help you, enter 'vehicle history' as a search term on our database.

The Motor Vehicle Register, which is administered by the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA), holds information about who owns a particular motor vehicle, as well as information about the vehicle itself. If the vehicle is owned by an organisation, anyone can access the owner’s name and address.

If the vehicle is owned by an individual, then you would have to apply to the NZTA to access it under the Official Information Act.

More information about access to the Motor Vehicle Register is on the NZTA website.

Back to top How do I find out whether a car for sale has money owing on it?

A motor vehicle for sale by a motor vehicle dealer must display a Consumer Information Notice (CIN).

If there is money owning on it to a finance company, the CIN will display this statement - "There is a security interest registered over this motor vehicle".

If the vehicle is being sold privately, you can check the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) online to find out if a motor vehicle has any security interest associated with it - you'll need to provide the registration number and VIN (or chassis number), and the service costs by direct debit or credit card for each vehicle you check.

More information about searching the PPSR online is on the PPSR website.

You can also use the TXTB4UBUY service - text the registration number and VIN (or chassis number) of the car to 3463, and you'll receive a YES/NO answer (depending on whether the vehicle is being used as a security for a debt), along with an SMS report code to enter online at their website. First of all, any vehicle which is being bought or sold must have a warrant of fitness (WOF) no more than one month old when the buyer takes possession of it, (unless the car is sold “as is, where is” - in which case the buyer must give the seller a written note that says the buyer will not drive the vehicle except to get the Wo F done).

Comments are closed.